Functions and duties
Functions and duties of Customs Department
Provincial, inter-provincial, city Customs Departments (hereinafter called Customs Department) are units under General Department of Customs of Vietnam, have functions of implementing State law on customs and other provisions of related laws in the location of such Customs Departments.
Department of Customs of Dong Nai province performing its duties and powers under the regulations of Customs Law and other regulations of related laws have specific duties and powers as follows:
To organize, direct, guide and implement the regulations of the state on customs in the location of the Department of Customs, it specifies that:
1. To implement customs procedures, customs inspection and supervision for exports, imports, border-gate transfer, transit and means of transport on exit, entry or transit in accordance with the law.
2. To perform necessary operational measures to actively prevent smuggling and illegal transport of goods across the border within the province.
3. To coordinate with other agencies to implement the duty of preventing smuggling and illegal transport of goods across borders outside the area of operation of the Customs Department in accordance with the law and the regulations of General Department of Customs.
4. To implement the law on tax and other budget revenues for exports and imports; ensure correct, full and timely collection for the state budget.
5. To perform post-clearance inspection in accordance with the law.
6. To perform State statistics on Customs for exports, imports, transit and means of transport on exit, entry or transit within the scope of management of the Customs Department in accordance with the regulations of General Department
7. To inspect and check units of the Customs Department in the implementation of policies and laws on customs under the regulations of activities of Customs Inspectorate.
8. To handle administrative violations or prosecute for smuggling, illegal transport across the border in accordance with the law; to resolve complaints against the decisions of penalties for administrative violations issued by units of the Department; to resolve complaints and denunciations under its competence as stated by law.
9. To propose General Director of General Department of Customs for State regulations that are needed to be modified and supplemented in activities such as export, import, exit, entry, transit, tax policy for exports and imports; the regulations of General Department of Customs on expertise, operations and building up customs forces; timely report to General Director of General Department on difficulties arising and issues beyond the authority of Customs Department.
10. To research, receive and apply scientific, technology breakthroughs and modern methods of management of customs to the operations of Customs.
11 Closely coordinate with state agencies, concerned organizations and units in the province to carry out assigned duties.
12. To propagate and guide the implementation of policies and laws on customs in the province. To perform the duty of international cooperation in the field of customs as decentralized or authorized by General Director of General Department of Customs and Minister of Finance.
13. To summarize, systematize, generally assess the situation and the results of work of the Customs Department; to prepare reports as regulated by General Department of Customs.
14. Entitled to sign documents to direct, guide and interpret issues under the competence of the Customs Department as provided by General Director.
15. To train, cultivate, use and manage team of officers and civil servants of the Customs Department as regulated by the State and as decentralized by the regulations of personnel management.
16. To manage and use effectively facilities, vehicles, technical equipment and granted funds for activities of the Customs Department in accordance with the State's regulations.
17. To implement other assigned duties